The Lomographic Society and Rip Curl teamed up to bring this special edition of the well known Fisheye 2. The camera comes in vibrant colors, has Rip Curl logos applied and of course features a built-in flash. With this release a competition started, split into three different creative challenges, Stage I – Whole Lotta Love!, Stage II – Looking for Trouble?, Stage III – Life’s a Roadtrip! Each of this sub-categories gives you the opportunity to express your creativity combining surfing, skateboarding and analogue photography. As a reward there’ll be tons of giveaways by Lomography and Ripcurl as well as these grand prizes: 2 trips to the RipCurl Pro Bells Beach in April 2011, 2 trips to the RipCurl Pro Peniche in October 2011. More info on the competition and of course on the Special Edition Fisheye 2 right here.
Technical Details on the Lomo Fisheye 2
• Size: 4.25” (10.5cm) x 2.5” (6cm) x 2.5” (6cm)
• Weight: 0.5lb (0.23kg)
• Format: all 35mm (color negative, slide, b&w)
• Field of vision: 170 degrees
• Approximate focal length: 10mm
• Fixed aperture: f/8
• Shutter speeds: 1/100, “B“
• Flashes: Standard hotshoe & built-in flash (powered by one “AA“ battery)
• Multiple Exposure switch for unlimited shots on 1 frame
• Film can be processed at any 35mm lab, supermarket, etc.